Saturday, August 16, 2014

Southern California and Sunsets

On Wednesday Shea and I had a lazy day sort of recuperating from our earlier travels and activities.  I went to Rite Aid and bought my favorite - Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream.  In the evening Shea, Dad and I met Ray and Deni down at the Hermosa Beach Pier to enjoy the evening breeze and have some dinner.  It was a beautiful evening and the sunset was spectacular enough for even the locals to stop and stare.

 Deni took this pic of Shea and I with the Palos Verdes peninsula in the background.

 Lifeguard shack

 Sunlight on the water.

 Sunset into the Pacific.  When Pritam was in pre-school or kindergarten, a teacher asked the class where the sun went at night.  Most of the children said "Into the ocean"... Pritam said "India"

 Dad heading back up the pier.

 I liked the spider motif

 The moon, the palm trees.  This just appealed to me some how.

 Clever use of old liscence plates.

 Even more clever use of rope.


No comments: