On Tuesday we were going to take BART into San Francisco but couldn't decide what we wanted to do once we got there since there were no tickets available for Alcatraz tours. Dawn volunteered that she could pick us up if we took the BART to Oakland. So that's what we did. Melanie and Kieran took us to the BART station. After Dawn picked us up we went to check out the Falkirk Cultural Center but the historic house was not open until afternoon. So we went to the local mall, bought some See's Candy and got some lunch. After lunch we went hiking in Marin County along a pathway which, if you go far enough, allows you a view of Skywalker Ranch which belongs to Lucas Films. Shea was the only one of the three of us to make it that far. Afterwards we picked up Demelza from a friend's house and headed back to the Falkirk Cultural Center. It is a beautiful old house with lovely gardens and currently a ceramics art show. We ended the visit with a short hike to the bay near Dawn's house and then back to Ed's on BART so he could take us to the airport to fly to LA.
Going to BART - Kieran is really catching the hang of "Pictures with things in front of your face."
This abstract sculpture at the BART station reminded me of sea turtles
We didn't make it to Alcatraz but we did get to drive past San Quintin Prison.
I actually love the brown rolling hills of California.
Shea sprinting to catch up with us after getting his look at Skywalker Ranch.
Arty photo of Shea in the tunnel running under the road near Skywalker Ranch.
The Falkirk house.
I'm a sucker for stained-glass windows
My favorite concept - a combination of ceramics and basket weaving.
Whimsical ceramics - okay, I probably took 50 pictures of the ceramics but I'm only posting two here. I hope you appreciate my restraint.
So I loved this sign on BART. Took me a minute to figure out the middle one is a pregnant woman.
Kieran and Shea getting one last chance at the magnetiles.






No comments:
Post a Comment