Sue and the boys and Coco took us to the Seattle train station for the ride to Portland. Much more fun and relaxing than renting a car for the 3 1/2 hour drive. It was a pretty day and we had good views of Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helen's and Mt. Hood. Actually it was the best view of Mt. Hood the whole trip as it was over cast with clouds the rest of the time we were in Portland. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough with the camera.
Coco has me completely convinced that a Golden Doodle is the perfect family dog.
The sports arena near the train station.
As with most train stations, the one in Seattle was a beautiful old building.
Dad and Shea getting on the train.
Mt. St. Helen's looking across farm land. Rather pretty farms as we traveled toward Portland.
Shea giving me the evil eye for taking his picture.
These are the Tacoma Narrows Bridges. They are rather famous because the original bridge collapsed in 1940 due to aeroelastic flutter (it wasn't built correctly to withstand the 40 mph winds) If you would like to see a video of the collapse, it is quite impressive, including the man who thought it was smart to walk across the bridge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw
Pretty scenery from the train trip
Mt. St. Helen's the profile of which has changed due to its catastrophic eruption in May of 1980, about 5 months after I graduated from the University of Puget Sound. Volcanic ash was wide spread and traveled at least as far as Tacoma.
Waiting for our luggage at the train station in Portland
The outside of the station
The best picture I got of Mt. Hood (I cheated as this is at the airport leaving Portland for Oakland)
Waiting for our luggage at the train station in Portland
The outside of the station
The best picture I got of Mt. Hood (I cheated as this is at the airport leaving Portland for Oakland)



No comments:
Post a Comment