Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cliffs of Moher

We had a relaxing breakfast at the Park House Hotel (I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Galway) and then headed down to the Cliffs of Moher.  A pretty day, but very windy at times.  Cool visitor center built into the mountain.  Then we headed on down to Ennis and The Old Ground Hotel.  It amazes me to drive down a narrow one way street (scared to death) and come around a corner and there is this incredible and huge hotel.

 Casey meditating on the cliffs

 Jumping for joy at the edge of the world.

 The cliffs - it's sort of like the Grand Canyon.  A picture just doesn't do them justice.

 A fellow tourist asked if we wanted our picture taken.  Casey wanted the pretty green fields behind us rather than the cliffs.  Love my pick purse - it makes me easy to spot.

 This is probably as close to getting a picture of a puffin as I will manage.  I keep hearing they are around, but many birds look alike from a great distance.

 Breakfast our last morning at the Park House Hotel.

The kids and I ate lunch at the visitor center at the Cliffs (Joe was saving his appetite for later) The view was beautiful.

Despite the sign Casey and I and many others ventured further on the cliffs.  It was worth it.

No comments: