Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vacation time - Day 2 On to Corning

Today we did the second big push - 5 1/2 hours of driving. We left Medina, Ohio; crossed through the top NW corner of Pennsylvania and headed to Corning, NY where my great, great grandparents who emigrated from Ireland are buried. They lived in Tioga, PA. When I started to plan this vacation, I found out the Corning, NY is where the Corningware Factory is. You can not only tour the Corning Museum of Glass, but you can also do your own glass project. I was so excited to see this. So soon you will see a picture of my new glass artwork. Today we did the second big push - 5 1/2 hours of driving. There are definitely many others on the road to vacation. We also saw about four different antique cars - I finally took a picture of this one - a Dodge Ram. Canoes, kyaks and Taylor Swift on the road. Corning is a pretty, old-fashioned town with an excellent pizza parlor

Look at this beautiful ad and then it's for cigarettes.

This canoe was polished, gleaming wood - beautiful. I'd be afraid to put it in the water.

So I guess Taylor Swift is performing somewhere in New York (well - Newark, NJ as it turns out)

Your choice of kyaks.

Dodge Ram - 1930's

The hood ornament

Downtown Corning

Aniello's Pizzaria - He was tossing the crusts earlier and then stopped as soon as I got out my camera. He was good! Very quick making the pizzas, which was delicious. I like the Virgin Mary in the corner.

No comments: