Well, today I ran around DC by myself because Joe was feeling under the weather after falling yesterday and bruising both elbows, a knee and his ribs. Yesterday Joe remarked how we did not have any one begging money from us and he was impressed by this lack. Today, when alone, I was approached at least 7 times. Guess Joe looks scary or I look like an easy mark. Today I went to the Botanical Gardens. When we drove in on Wednesday, I saw this cool looking glass building and no one could tell me what or where it was. I finally figured out from Google maps that it was the Botanical Gardens - very impressive. Then I went to the National Art Museum (West) and the Sculpture Garden and the Hirshborn Museum (modern art). Finally I made it over to the White House. It was record breaking heat today, but I did spend a lot of it in museums. I also spent a lot of time in the subway (Metro). I felt quite competent by the end of the day.
The Window by Andrew Wyeth. A lovely exhibit at the National Gallery of Art - The Chester Dale Collection "From Impressionism to Modernism" It had many paintings by well known artists that I had never seen before (the paintings, not the artists).





No comments:
Post a Comment