Monday, September 2, 2013

Odds and ends and off to Ireland

Tomorrow I start the long journey to Cork, Ireland where I will meet up with my dad.  I am presenting at a conference there so the cost of my airline ticket should be reimbursed by work.  On Friday I turned in my Tenure and Promotion dossier.   The equivalent of a 60 page paper plus a 4 inch binder full of "evidence".  Once in Ireland I anticipate taking lots of pictures so I thought I throw in one more blog with a few odds and ends from summer.  I successfully grew some very large sunflowers and many tomatoes, a few cantaloupes and one cucumber in my raised bed garden.  As I was bedridden a bit of the summer, it was helpful that we had a very rainy summer so almost no watering was required. I took my annual basket weaving class this summer with some help from Joe and my classmates, and Casey and I managed to go to Pops in the Park, another annual favorite.  We went alone since Joe was too tired, Matt was working and so was Shea.  We still had fun and sat very close under the fireworks.  The pics were mostly out of focus, but I still like them - arty.

Hard to tell in this photo, but the flower on the left was the tallest and they got progressively shorter going to the right.  Something about the sun exposure I'm sure.


Large bee at the bottom of the flower, but I bravely took the picture anyway.

Ninja kitty - Pink loves to attack my shoes.

Art photo of my Bourbontini

Pink (left) playing hide and seek with Luna (right)

My horn "basket" which is going to be in an art show at the local art gallery in town.  I was honored that my teacher Herb Goodman asked me to contribute to the art exhibit as his mentee.

I made this basket for my friend Linda who moved to Chattanooga - her new school colors being yellow and blue

My diabetes inspired basket with testing strips woven in - the red is an obvious reference I hope

The center of this basket is a large shell I picked up the last trip to Ireland.




No comments: