Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Natural Bridge hike


Love this picture of Shea (above), he's getting used to me photographing him so much.


This is one heck of a tall tree that fell during the ice storm and took out a whole length of the railing along the trail up to the Natural Bridge. You can see the posts from the railing on either side of the fallen tree.
This very large tree fell across the path, so the rangers cut out about a 3 foot length to allow hikers to pass through. Here it is without perspective.

Here it is with me for perspective - Shea took this one. I'm 5 feet 2 and 1/2 inches tall.

Here is one of the ends with Shea's hand in front of it for some size perspective.

1 comment:

susan said...

You guys are so lucky to have some warm weather. It's still snowing here! Very unusual weather this winter. I think we've had more days where it's actually snowed than any year on record. Crazy. And it's cold. Highs are hovering around the mid 30's this week. I need to get out there and weed so I wish the ground would thaw out!!