Saturday, January 22, 2011

There goes the neighborhood

I know I usually use my blog for cute pictures of the family, but I just had to share this. Over the last few days we have been noticing police, both in state cars and in unmarked cars, sitting in front of the house down the street where a local restauranteer has been housing his illegal kitchen help - so of course we thought that was the story. This morning as I drove out of the neighborhood I was surprised to see crime scene tape all around the house across the street from the "immigrant" house. Turns out one of our "nice" neighbors is accused of murdering his wife. Here's the story if you want some fun reading. As I told Casey, I am glad our loan to refinance just went through before the neighborhood property values plummeted. Here's a cute picture for those of you who would miss having a pic here.

Beck and Pritam playing on an iced over puddle. I'm pretty sure Beck is giving Pritam instructions about where the ice is thin so she can have the fun of breaking it with the stick.
You can link to a video of them Playing Hockey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pity that there is no frost in Brazil, but I have fun even with the heat!
Hugs ...

Lucy @ Lucyeats said...

The kiddies are so cute! I wish it snowed in Auckland.. But only sometimes..

http://lucyeats.blogspot.com