
Shea and I went back to the Berea Forest trails and took a different path - the west peak instead of the east peak. These are some of the critters we found along the way.

This is Tilly who, according to some teenage hikers , frequents this trail and has for a number of years. They said there used to be another dog, but it must have gone to dog heaven since the last time they came to hike. Tilly was quite friendly - as were the teenagers - and happy for some water to drink.

These caterpillar nests are all over including here on the trail.

When I took this picture - one of several - I could not see all these little spiders with my naked eye - neither did Shea. Imagine my surprise when I loaded the pictures onto my computer! I knew the little ball had been a spider's nest, but didn't realize the little buggers were still about. Did I mention I hate spiders?

I'm guessing this guy or gal was a toad not a frog. I was actually able to pick him up a couple of times. I think Shea got some pics of him on our hands. He hopped away before I got my camera in place since I was doing the catching and holding.
1 comment:
Mary Ellen,
Are you going to come to the Midwestern Gradaution in August??? I sure hope so and I know I am not alone.
Jenn Fraley
Post a Comment