
I almost forgot that I took Dawn and Demelza to the Shaker Village in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. I have been there before with Dad and Casey and wanted to go back. Demelza's favorite part was the farm animals and the singer. Dawn enjoyed touring the buildings and her attractive and tasty lunch. I had a great time taking pictures with my new camera.

We found this swing for Demelza.

This is the woman who sings Shaker songs. As noted before - she is worth the journey. Demelza was tickled that she was "brown like me"

This is Dawn's lovely fruit salad. She also had a Mint Julip and stole some of my fudge cake for desert.

Looking down the spiral staircase at the Trustee's Office Building where the diner is.

I came close to getting bit by these Canada geese. (Yes, the proper name is Canada geese not Canadian Geese) Apparently I was too close to a nest or something. Geese can be quite aggressive.

Okay, so here is my arty photo of the ripples in the pond - looks like a watercolor painting.

And a really nice photo of Dawn and Demelza I think.
1 comment:
Looks like a good time. I had planned to take my family down for the third time last Friday but dad ended up having to work so we didn't make it. It's a nice place to go to get away from it all and even learn some history.
Post a Comment