Casey and Dad (PaPa) were here for Christmas which was great but much quieter than years past with all the youngsters running about Dad's house. The best part was decorating the house. After Christmas, we had a small party to celebrate the new house and my PhD. Dad levt a couple of days before New Year's. On New Year's Eve, Joe and Casey and I went to a party at my friend Cindy's house. (I asked Shea if he wanted to come, to which he replied "Mom, why would I ever want to go to a party?") First time Joe and I have been to New Year's party for years. We actually stayed up until midnight and toasted 2009. It seemed appropriate to celebrate the New Year and consider all that had happened in the old year with family, old friends and new friends. I've known Doris (Cindy's sister) for over 24 years, seen Celeste and then Karma born. I met Joe and got married and had Shea and Casey in the time I've known Doris! I've known Cindy almost as long. We met after she and Doris bought a duplex together. So I've watched Cindy's two - Jacob and Jeremy - grow up too. There were many new friends at the party too. Friends I've met since coming to Kentucky. Some of them are born and raised here and some are also new to the area. I am looking forward to the aventures of 2009!
My favorite Christmas picture
My favorite Christmas picture
No comments:
Post a Comment