Apparently the cows enjoy an icicle or two!

Below is a pic of our candle set up for reading by and playing cards. It was amazing how much light you could get from some just a few candles. These are just a few pictures I took over the last couple of days. There wasn't a whole lot to do with no electricity and no work. Shea and I had fun taking walks and pictures during the day and playing Scrabble, Uno, dominoes and Jenga in the evenings. It is hard to tell the green cards from the blue cards when playing Uno by candle light! We finally have our TV and Internet back - yeah, in time for the boys to watch the Superbowl. I'm just happy to be connected to the world again. It's suppose to be 50 tomorrow, so I guess the last of the ice will melt off, but then it will drop into the high 20s and 30s starting Monday along with snow. Snow sounds good - it's the ice that's a killer.

Our front walk way.

A long shot of our yard the morning after the main ice storm - and Shea taking close ups.

A closer shot of the detris in our front yard after it snowed on top of the ice. The backyard isn't quite as bad.

In the neighborhood - near the cattle farm.

This the park in Lexington where Shea and I took pics just recently - the shallow part of the lake we both fell into. Note the large tree that completely uprooted and fell over!
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of free firewood - if you are energetic!
Wow, Emme. Tough week!! The weather out there sounds crazy! Hope your doctor's appointment went well -- I'll try to call and catch up about it all!
Post a Comment