Monday, October 13, 2008

Pink Bromeliad Aechmea* Fasciata Primera


I found out from Gordon, who gave Doris the plant with the fantastic pink bloom, that it is a Bromeliad. It then popped into my head that I had heard the word before...in Seattle at the Conservatory. I didn't have a blog when I visited Seattle, so I thought I'd share some pics of Bromeliad from the Conservatory. As Susan can tell you, they are in the Pineapple family and have cool flowers. The Conservatory itself is worth seeing.





1 comment:

susan said...

Hey Emme!

Love the conservatory flashback! It really sounds like you love Kentucky. I was reading a book about Abe Lincoln to the boys today and it took place in the Kentucky. We talked about you living there!

A nice little package arrived from you today and the boys LOVE IT! I think one of them has it in bed with them right now for their nap. Thank you, thank you!!