Pritam and her mom have been reading the "Little House on the Prairie" books. Pritam was invited to a party at a friend's house (birthday? costume?) and decided she wanted to wear a Laura Ingalls dress. Her favorite dress is the one on the book "On the Banks of Plum Creek". Unfortunately I could not find a dress pattern to match. Dawn, who was a costumer in college, told me the drawing is not a period dress and of course most of the patterns available are related to the TV series. Pritam and I were able to come to agreement to use the pattern (she was able to see the pattern online) here as long as I could make the sleeves long. Due to the wonders of cell phones, she was able to pick out the material she wanted as well. So far I have the apron done and I'm in the process of working on the bonnet. I hope to have the dress done by next weekend.
On the Banks of Plum Creek.
The pattern I'm using.
In progress.
The apron.


1 comment:
It was very neat for me to see that fabric, as my one sewing project ever, a jumper I made in junior high school home ec, used that exact same fabric! That's been a good 32 years now, so it must be a classic!
Post a Comment