Thursday, July 2, 2009

New job, new office

Wednesday I officially started my new job as Graduate Coordinator. The pictures below are sort of a 360 of my new office with all the stuff moved in but not really organized or any pictures etc hung up - maybe by the end of next week. So far, things are going well. Mostly settling in and starting in on my list of things to do for July and August. You may be able to see that the office is about twice the size of my previous office (two windows even), but I'm not allowed to paint it any pretty colors. So, I'm planning to do a large painting to cover some of the institutional tan of one of the walls. One wall is maroon (EKU school color) and not so bad. Meanwhile Shea and Casey are settling into to summer school and I am especially enjoying the fireflies at night. Shea has a video of a firefly that got caught in the house - I'll have to borrow it to post here on my blog. To me, fireflies are magical and not something I got to play with as a child growing up in Southern California. I just got to see the fake ones at Disneyland on Pirates of the Caribbean.




No comments: