Friday, March 6, 2015

Snowmagedon continues and the state of emergency

Traffic backs up as more than 50 miles of Interstate 65 southbound is shut down from the weather, Thursday, March 5, 2015, near Mount Washington, Ky. Kentucky State Police reported that the interstate will not reopen until Thursday evening. Kentucky has been walloped by a winter storm that has dumped nearly 2 feet of snow in parts of the state. (AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley) 

Obviously some of these people were going in the wrong direction (west instead of east).  This is on the other side of Kentucky (much closer to Louisville than Richmond) from where I live and the main reason the governor declared a state of emergency.  They were stuck for up to 24 hours and it spread across 3 counties. This is why you always have food, water and warm clothing in your car.

At home, we did have rain and then ice and then snow - about a foot.  It was worse from the last time in that there is dangerous ice under the snow.  I already slipped on the ice last and hurt my back, so I am not going to be shoveling much this time.  Just went for it and drove the car out of the driveway.  Clementine is as excited as before, the snow is just a personal gift for her to play in.
 Arty photo

 She likes to tunnel and bury herself

 Aren't I cute?

 In action

 Night time on the deck

 Ice below the snow

 Puppy tracks in the front yard

Escape

No comments: