Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 4th and other summer things

Last year I had my knee replaced so we didn't do our usual treck to the local park to hang out and watch fire works.  So this year I was happy to be able to go.  Shea and I had our once a year backgammon tournament (I actually won this year).  We also enjoyed the Kettle Corn (Shea) and the Funnel Cakes (Casey and I).  As the sun sets, people set off their own fireworks and this year someone was selling a toy that you toss up in the air and it lights up as it twirls down to the ground like a mini helicopter blade.  It was a beautiful, clear and not overly warm day (we often have rain on the 4th of July here in Kentucky).  The next day Shea and Joe took down a tree that was relatively close to the house.  We were all very happy it fell into the yard instead of against the garage.  It even missed most of my basil garden.  Now that we've taken out the tree, we'll be building a deck to extend our little cement porch. And finally, on Sunday Casey and I did tie dye shirts.  All in all a pretty fun long weekend.

Shea making a move.

 Back-lit revelers

 Fireworks and 

 more fireworks and 

more fireworks.

 The tree going down

 Joe and Shea congratulating each other

Pink checking out the new climbing surface

 Getting ready to tie dye

 The shirts marinating for 12 to 24 hours

 Hanging out to dry.


No comments: