Friday, January 31, 2014

Polar Vortex Kentucky style and Art

You may have been hearing about the polar vortex lately.  If you live on the West Coast, however, you may not have been experiencing it.  I have only lived in Kentucky for 5 and 1/2 years,  even when we had the ice storm five years ago, I don't remember it being quite this cold.  We seem to be having more snow than usual too.  I've been at Lake Reba (our local park with a dog run) a lot more since Casey became the proud owner of Gus about a year ago.  It has been quite beautiful in the cold and snow and I really enjoy taking Gus and sometimes Yoda (the newest grand-puppy) there to play and walk.  I am taking a 2-D design class this semester and so far am enjoying the challenge.

This little guy is enjoying the ducks, geese and swans

Gus loved the snow.  Going after a tennis ball.

The lake was especially pretty with its splotches of ice and snow.

Our local creek.

Pretty patterns on our living room window.

Sparkly snow at night

Same view during the day.

The view from my office window.

 
Arty photo of a snow covered wall.

Our first project in 2-D.  Mine are the second row from the bottom.


1 comment:

Me said...

Your pictures really look like a winter wonderland.