I don't know if these foals are colts (male) or fillies (female) but they sure are cute. I visited Triad farm back on Derby Day along with a number of co-workers with kids. So I have lots of cute photos of the kids and the foals and their mommies. For those of you who are not aware of racing culture, it is a big deal to have your horse born in Kentucky - so Triad is a nursery farm. In other news - Casey and Matt had Gus neutered this week, so it may be a couple of days before he is his old self at the dog park.
This is a first time mommy and her 2 week old foal.
There is a foal here - it is just hiding
and there is the foal
The kids trying to convince the horses to come get their carrots. Eventually they gave up and tossed the carrots over the fence.
I think this foal is a little older.
Boys being boys
This Kathy - she and her husband own Triad Farm. Hats are a VERY big deal on Derby Day
This guy is a retired Marine and he was great with the dogs. The white dog is his pit bull/boxer mix and she was full of energy, but here he got Gus to pull this branch off the tree. He now weighs 67 pounds!
Gus seems envious of her jumping ability
A boy and his sister's dog. He knows or suspects that Shea has a treat for him.



No comments:
Post a Comment