I hope Shea is not insulted that I did his post second seeing as how he is my first born. That is a day I will never forget (but it would probably embarrass Shea no end if I were to describe it here.) Shea started the year heading into his last semester of college and ready to be done. Some day he is thinking he may go back for a Masters degree, but not now. He also continued to work for Dr. Landon on his grant until the week before graduation. After graduation Shea finally got to go somewhere outside the USA other than a quick trip across the border to Canada which he does not remember as he was about 4 years old. He really enjoyed taking pictures in Ireland and kept taking my "big" camera to take photos, especially when I was driving - so I made the big sacrifice and let him take it to Europe for the next three weeks of his trip with Casey. While it seems that the rest of Europe had it's ups and downs, Shea did come back with some great photos and my camera intact. Every time we Skyped I begged for pictures to post - if you look back at my May/June posts, you will find them. He took the summer off so to speak, working a bit on an Android game and sending out a few job applications. Before we knew it, it was Fall again. Shea posted his information on Linkedin and sent an application to Volt - a temp agency for technology jobs. Still not much success. Most recently he applied to EA Games. He is still working on his Android apps when not playing with his new LEGO robot (this does involve some computer software adjusting so I guess it is work related.) Here is to hoping for more success job hunting in the New Year.
Joe and Shea between graduation ceremonies. What you can't see it that Shea is wearing his usual blue jeans and sneakers
Running down hill - as always
Amazingly this is a picture Shea actually asked me to take. I think he liked this upright rock in the middle of a field of flat rocks.
A common theme - Shea taking a picture of me taking a picture of Shea
Shea loved this photo
This is a "spontaneous" picture the morning we found out his phone was no longer lost.
Shea taking a picture of me taking a picture of...
With only a little begging I got him to pose for this one.
We all really enjoyed the birds of prey show - who knew you could feed an African Eagle (a Bateleur) in the heart of Ireland.
I don't know what he was taking pictures of, but I love his willingness to get wet and cold for a great shot.
Putting together his new LEGO robot






No comments:
Post a Comment