Saturday, December 29, 2012

End of year reflections - Casey

Last January Casey headed off to Orlando to do her sign interpreting internship.  She learned a lot about interpreting and a lot about the training Disney employees undergo, she got to interpret at a Kenny Rogers concert and she survived the politics involved in interning.  In May she graduated from Eastern Kentucky University Cum Laude and with honors from the American Sign Language Honor Society.  As a family we went to Ireland for two weeks and then she and Shea went to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Venice and Milan (Happy Graduation, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas).  Before school started this fall, she took a trip with me to Franklin, NC to visit a ruby mine.  I'm not even jealous anymore that she found a ruby and I did not.  Then we went to Myrtle Beach, SC.  It was so fun to vacation with my adult daughter and I appreciated that she was willing to give ruby mining a try - she even had a good time.  Finally, she convinced me to take a ceramics class with her this fall which was a total blast and she came with me to Portland (and a trip up to Seattle) when I presented at the SSO:USA conference.  I am sure I will miss seeing so much of her next year.

 In my office on graduation day with her kindergarten picture (I can't believe she had me cut her bangs).

 In a pub in Dublin

After crossing the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge

 At the Gravity Bar at the Guinness Factory

 On the Giants Causeway

 In a bathroom in Belfast.  I'm not sure why I like this photo, no one else does.

Sitting on the rock face at Inishmore.

 Pouring tea in the Galway hotel restaurant.

Getting ready to shift rocks at the ruby mine

 
 Playing princess on the lifeguard tower at night on Myrtle Beach.


No comments: