As has been our custom since moving to Richmond, we go to the local fireworks at Lake Reba - a nice little resort area with lots of lawn. Despite the very dry conditions, the fireworks were not cancelled probably due to the proximity of water. Shea and I always go early to get a good spot and kettle corn (Shea's favorite fair food) and play backgammon. Casey and Matt joined us a bit later. Joe did not this year as the weather was just too hot for him, record breaking heat for the past week. Today we are actually having severe thunderstorms - nice of them to hold off until after the fireworks.
Shea teaching Matt how to play Backgammon
Casey enjoying funnel cake - her favorite fair food. I had given the kettle corn lady a $10 and forgot to get my change - so we didn't have enough money for the funnel cake. So I went back to the kettle corn booth and asked the woman if she remembered I forgot my change (it had been over an hour). Well, she was very nice and gave me my $5 even though she didn't remember my forgetting my change. She did remember me and I guess I have an honest looking face.
We found a few sparklers left over from last year and the kids enjoyed playing with them.
Casey and Matt hamming up for the camera
The fireworks were sponsored by a new church in the area and much better than last year.
Colorful
Star shaped
Matt and Casey in the foreground
Shea hamming it up again after the fireworks








No comments:
Post a Comment