Last night Casey and I attended the opening of the new fine arts center at EKU. Matt was playing in the Wind Symphony Orchestra. The primary Orchestra was from Owensboro, but the EKU Wind Symphony Orchestra played twice and got to test out the new pit that raises up and down. Pretty sure it didn't work correctly the first time since all we could see was the bell of the tuba. The second time it worked correctly as you can see in the photo below. In addition to the lovely music, which included the bagpiper from the Air Force playing Amazing Grace, they had acrobats who had most all been members of Cirque du Soleil. They also had a choir that sang old time spirituals and a lovely montage of the memorials and Arlington Cemetery in DC (which was cool since Joe and I were just there). Oh, they also had an open bar - can't image what that cost EKU. We all had a great time and I got in quite a few photos before being told I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the auditorium.
Very impressive performer (as were they all). She would wrap the rope all around her body and then drop down toward the stage flipping around as the rope unwrapped.

No comments:
Post a Comment