So yesterday I decided was a good day to drive down to Knoxville. Two years ago Dawn and Demelza visited in April and we drove to Ashville by way of Knoxville and the drive was gorgeous. All the red buds (which are actually purple) and the dogwoods (white or pink) are seriously in bloom along the freeway. I gave it a try taking photos on the drive (photo above), but had better luck when stationary. After visiting the cemetery, Joe and I had lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ on the recommendation of one of my students. I highly recommend it should you find yourself in Knoxville. The pecan pie alone was worth the drive. While driving from the cemetery to the restaurant, we saw an interesting structure downtownn. This turned out to be the Sunsphere. Apparently the World's Fair was in Knoxville in 1982 and the Sunsphere was built at that time. There is a lovely park and a convention center with great art inside. We had a fun time wandering about and Joe even rode up the elevator in the Sunsphere. He got to take a nap while I looked at the art and took pictures. We got to drive home during a major rainstorm, but it was worth it.
One of the many pieces of art in the Convention Center - I've become partial to horses since living in Kentucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment