Friday, March 11, 2011

Roaring March and Quilt Barns

It is spring break and we are having in like a lion weather. It actually snowed last night and was cold enough to stick to the ground until the sun came out. Casey was smart enough to head out to Phoenix and LA where she has had sunshine and high 70s weather. Just before break, one of my co-workers gave me a pamphlet of the quilt barns in Madison County, so Joe drove me about on Monday and I took photos. It was actually not raining on Monday so I thought I'd go for the opportunity while I had the chance. Tuesday I had a work related conference call and Wednesday we went to do our taxes, so Thursday I just hung out at home and did very little. Here are some of the barns.

"Flower Basket"

"Summer Breeze Star"

"North Star"

"American Flag Star"

"Amish Wedding Ring"

Not all of them are on barns. This one is on an old school building that has been converted into a community center...

"School House"

...and this one is next to a church
"Tree of Life"

3 comments:

Ed Winkle said...

We participated in our county's bicentennial quilt barn project. It turned out very well. I have some pictures if you do some digging in my blog. Thanks for the pictures.

wheatgerm said...

I would not mind taking a trip to canetuck

Trashmaster46 said...

Wow, I'd never heard of quilt barns before.