One of the things I really love about Kentucky is the spring. It goes on for months. I think in Phoenix spring lasted about one week. Here spring just goes on and on. First the crocuses and daffodils, then the hyacinths, tulips and irises, at the same time the Red buds and the Dogwoods start to bloom. Finally the lilies. The air smells incredible right now. And then we will kind of slide into summer and vegetable gardens and sunflowers. One more week of school, one week of finals and then freedom. Casey got into the Sign Language Interpreter program at EKU (37 applicants and 21 students accepted) and we are all a little giddy on relief and joy and spring!
Trilliums
Trilliums
2 comments:
Ray planted some daffodils in the front yard. They were beautiful but only lasted a week or so. Now we are waiting for the lilies.
I am reminded of the woman up near Running Springs (?) who planted an acre or so of daffodils, literally painting the area with a variety of colors!
pretty view.
:)
Post a Comment