Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trips around Kentucky

Two weekends ago Joe and I drove out to St. Louis so I could present my research at the Midwestern OT Deans conference. The conference was great, being sick enough with gastroenteritis to have to go to a hospital in a strange city was not so great. Last weekend Casey had a workshop on audism (like racism, but against the deaf) in Owensboro and it happened to be Joe's birthday Saturday so we decided to make it a family trip, especially as Joe has been wanting to go to Owensboro to have burgoo. Joe got his burgoo at the world famous Moonlite Bar B Q and they brought him a birthday minicake. We came home Saturday when Casey got out of her workshop and Sunday, Casey and I drove up to Paris to visit the Triad Farm - a horse "nursing" farm owned by one of my co-workers. It rained all the way up there, was nice while we wandered about the farm and then rain all the way home!

The Arch in St. Louis

Joe blowing out his candle. (just 1 not 60!)

Cool mirrored representation of Kentucky. (Joe on right, Shea on left)

Most of the babies were less than 2 weeks old. This colt, like most, sticks close to his mom.

There was a whole barn full of cats - seven I think - this one especially likes people.

This little filly was more adventuresome and frisky than most and really showed off for us.

No comments: