Sunday, October 25, 2009

Warning - not appropriate for children

Apparently the craziness continues and I should not be trusted with a chain saw! The good news is that the chain saw was not running at the time, the bad news is I had the bad judgment to stand too close to Shea while he was doing something semi dangerous. I had partially cut a tree branch and the chain saw got stuck due the weight of the rest of the branch. Shea helped me un-stick the chain saw and then I suggested he jump on the branch to finish breaking it. I neglected to move far enough away while Shea performed this maneuver and when the branch broke, he fell backwards into me and the chain saw. His right arm whacked the chain saw just above the inside of his elbow. The result was a hurried trip to the E.R., 13 stitches and $75 dollars. Shea seems to be doing fine now - a little ice pack, a little pain medicine and some good football (the above pic is Shea watching the game in the waiting room.)



1 comment:

susan said...

Oh, goodness! This looks terrible! I hope Shea is feeling ok and heals quickly!

Love all the fall beauty in your photos! It really is such a precious time of year. I wish we could visit!!