Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Seattle visit 2017 - Bainbridge Island and Seattle Art Museum

So I am in Seattle again for a conference, this time the SSO:USA conference.  After the conference I took advantage of being in Seattle to once again visit Chris, Susan, Beck, Yogi, Ember and Coco.  Of course I have way too many pictures, but here a few to start.  During the conference we get occupational breaks, so I took the opportunity to go to Bainbridge Island and to the Seattle Art Museum to see an Andrew Wyeth exhibit.

 Leaving the pier.
 Heading to the island
 Mosaic art
 Nature art (I can't tell you how many leaf photos I have)
 Bainbridge Island is known for their strawberries.
 A bit of beach
 Back to the boat.
 Waiting to exit
 That grey sky was an intense rain storm coming in.
 I wish you all could see this in person...there were 100 paintings.
 The guards were pretty tolerant of people getting close to the paintings.
 Wyeth painted a variety of people including African Americans in his local area.
 Can't you just hear the bees and taste the honey?
The sun finally came out on my way back to the conference.

No comments: