Friday, September 30, 2016

Portland Maine - yes Maine.

I am at a conference in Maine and having a wonderful time.  This is the annual SSO:USA conference although this year we are joint with the Canadian Society of Occupational Scientists.  My favorite conference to attend.  Joe asked me to blog so he could see some pictures, so I'm jumping ahead of the pre-wedding stuff from New Jersey.  Here goes...

The first thing I did was visit Portland Head Light, the oldest and longest working lighthouse in the U.S.

Love the porpoise/dolphin statue outside the hotel

The view from my balcony - yes that is the ocean in the distance

East End Beach

Dinner

Charlotte and John getting ready for their lobster rolls.

Lobsters are everything here in Portland, Maine

The hotel at night - the Portland Regency Hotel and Spa.

Arty photo at the docks.

At the Portland Art Museum (Maine).

A wonderful exhibit of paper mache' birds

More lobster art

This really took me back, I do remember watching the wall fall on TV

You may have heard of the padlock fad - so in Portland they were smart enough to give them their own place to hang them.

No comments: