Thursday, August 12, 2010

Middle of August, End of summer

Where did the summer go? I can hardly believe I haven't posted since June! I have been keeping up with my weekly photo portraits. Shea and I had a good time on the 4th of July hanging out at Lake Reba until the fireworks which Casey arrived just in time to see. Joe opted to stay home this year so it was mother and son time. We played cards, chess and Backgammon. Ate snacks and fought bugs. The fireworks were more visible this year without the rain of last year. Joe and I had a nice anniversary dinner at the Riptide on the bank of the Kentucky River. My birthday dinner included a trip to Outback and a major rain storm. I finished my summer class on Photoshop and Indesign with a family calendar, which the family will be getting for Christmas. I took a water aerobics class this summer, which was fun and left me with more of a tan than I expected. Casey and Shea and I spent a lot of time at the gym - Casey and I at workout classes together and Shea playing basketball. Casey and I also made gallons of Salsa with Doris and her friend Charlotte and learned how to string beads (pearls) at Cindy's shop, A Small Extravagance. We also had fun sharing two cars between four drivers all summer! I've been trying to get Dad to come visit Kentucky when the weather was nicer than below freezing (he has visited for the last two Christmases) so instead he came in August during a heat wave. If you read his blog, you will know that we did a lot of hiking despite the heat and he, Shea and I made a trip up to the Newport Aquarium.

So all the rest of the faculty comes back to work on Monday and the students return the week after that and work gets crazy again, but still loving it at EKU.


Time to feed the sharks at the Newport Aquarium


Dad taking a picture of one of the many flights of stairs we hiked up and down at Natural Bridge


A shot over the cannon at Perryville


Dad contemplating my favorite view at the East Pinnacle.


Getting near the end of the Salsa.


Casey working on her pearl necklace.


Shea waiting his turn on the Climbing wall at EKU and getting some advice from Casey (who made it to the top where as Shea did not)


Love this shot of fireworks that looks like a palm tree.

No comments: