Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial day, Fireflies and Airconditioning

You would not believe your eyes
If 10 million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

These are lyrics from one of my favorite songs. One of the things I really love about summer in Kentucky is the fireflies and right now it seems like there are at least a hundred of them in our backyard. They flicker on and off all night long. Today we spent Memorial Day installing air conditioners. We were trying to wait until the siding on the house got done, but it was too hot and too humid to wait one more day! More portraits from my once a week efforts for those of you who don't do flicker.


Shea taking pictures of droplets after a storm.


Casey being contemplative as we waited for our lunch.


Shea moved a bit in this low light photo at Outback Steak House.


Lucy "modeling" for me. Casey frequently babysits for her and Cora below. Their mom is a friend from work and church.


Cora catching a water balloon and really putting her all into it. You can see her missing front tooth!




1 comment:

Deni said...

I have never seen a fire fly! Is it possible to photograph them?