Saturday, July 20, 2019

Burgos, Spain - home sweet home

After five days in Venice, I hopped a plane to Madrid.  This involved a verbal tussle with the security guy to convince him that his x-ray machine was not safe for my black and white film.  After checking in with a supervisor, he took it around for a hand check.  I had to be hand checked too as my diabetes pump always sets off the alarm.  After arriving in Madrid and waiting for all my students to show, we got on a bus and headed to Burgos, about 2 hours west and north of Madrid.  The students were in a dormitory with cafeteria and some meeting space.  I was in an apartment a 10 minute walk away.  I really enjoyed my little apartment which was pretty much fully equipped.  Behind my apartment was the area of town where cars are not allowed.  You might think this would make it quiet, but not in Spain where dinner starts around 9 or 10 PM and bedtime around 2 AM.

 I was impressed that the airport in they had a play area next to the luggage pick up

 
 When you first walk into the apartment, there was a small kitchen with a dish washer and a washing machine through the first door to the right.

 
 Looking down the long hallway as you come in.

 
 The second room to the right was the bathroom.  I never did try the bidet.

 
 Nice tub/shower/clothes dryer.

 At the long hallway was the dining/living room.  The open shutters lead to the balcony.

 The balcony windows opened on all three sides and allowed for a nice, cool breeze in the evening.

 The view out my balcony.  I could hear children playing out there at 12 midnight.

 Facing back at the couch, you can see the hallway to the right and the sliders that hid the bedroom.

 The bedroom with two nice size closets and a door to small balcony to an inner open space in the apartment building.  I didn't use this at all as it was usually warm and smelled like grease.  There was a restaurant and a deli/bakery below the apartment.

No comments: