Monday, April 1, 2013

Forsythia and spring in N. California

Just this week the forsythia has started to bloom as Kentucky edges into spring (it is still below freezing at night), but forsythia always makes me think of Ember Jane who just had her 5th birthday last month.  Northern California was a bit ahead of us moving into spring.  While visiting during spring break Dawn, Demelza and I spent a day with Tommy and Suzanne walking through Golden Gate Park.  More photos to follow.

The Forsythia

 
 We have a whole hedge of forsythia next to the building I teach in, I always know spring is on its way when they go into full bloom.

 
We visited the Japanese Gardens.  Demelza posing on the decorative bridge...

 and having a tea break

 
Demelza is almost 18 and taller than her mom and Suzanne, but not quite as tall as Tommy

Demelza caught me about to take this photo - hence the face

Tommy spent a fair amount of time on the phone with work

 and on the phone again.

 and on the phone again - although this time he was texting with employees



No comments: