
Monday, January 18, 2010
End of January but not the end of WINTER
I can hardly believe I haven't blogged since the first of the year. Casey is home from London and Dublin - see her blog School started. We had some nice warm days, but today it's back down to 20 and they are expecting maybe two inches of snow from tonight and to the end of tomorrow. Meanwhile, everyone is at Wal Mart stocking up for the big snow storm. This is somewhat amusing when I recall living in Green Valley Lake where it could snow several feet in a day and truly you were stuck in the house until the snow plow came by and you had to spend hours digging out your driveway, hoping of course that the snow plow didn't leave a big burm that you had to also dig out. I think people here are still having post traumatic stress from last year's ice storm which started on January 27 (Dawn's Birthday). Work has been busy with an Admissions deadline on Monday - so I've been dealing with frantic, upset and crying students. I've been trying to keep my sanity by doing a small photography project...one picture a week for a year that are portraits. I'm also going to Belly Dancing once a week with Doris and her daughter, Celeste. Casey is babysitting Karma, Celeste's daughter, while we dance. What she won't do to get out of exercising. I pulled out a big box Duplos as old as Casey and Karma loves them. Here's the portraits I have so far for those of you who find flicker overwhelming.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I particularly like the picture of Joe through the window.
HI Emme!
Love the portraits and the whole idea of the project itself!
We have had a very mild winter - not even a flake of snow has floated down on our yard. Chris took the boys sledding today just so that they'd have a chance to see some snow before the winter is over.
We're making plans for our trip to CA and I'm trying to get my foot moving even though it feels quite tender and painful still. The doctor says that in two weeks I can try a walking cast -- but only if I do a lot of toe exercises before that.
Post a Comment