Joe and I decided to take two days to go home. I got up early and took a few more pictures in Passaic. The above photo is of Public School 11, one of the school my Grandmother Pickett taught at. Family story has it that Bill had his mother as his teacher one year (6th or 7th grade) and would refer to her as Mrs. Pickett when complaining about things like too much homework at the dinner table. (Uncle Bill somewhat confirmed this story). As we passed through Pennsylvania, I caught this example of Pennsylvania "Dutch" hex paintings on a barn. We also stopped in Hershey, PA because I always regretted not going there when we lived in Penn and because I wanted to see the Hersey gardens - especially the butterflies. The many butterfly pics are especially for Casey. The last picture is of "Sidelying Mountain" in Maryland seen shortly before we stopped for the night.Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Butterflies - on the way home
Joe and I decided to take two days to go home. I got up early and took a few more pictures in Passaic. The above photo is of Public School 11, one of the school my Grandmother Pickett taught at. Family story has it that Bill had his mother as his teacher one year (6th or 7th grade) and would refer to her as Mrs. Pickett when complaining about things like too much homework at the dinner table. (Uncle Bill somewhat confirmed this story). As we passed through Pennsylvania, I caught this example of Pennsylvania "Dutch" hex paintings on a barn. We also stopped in Hershey, PA because I always regretted not going there when we lived in Penn and because I wanted to see the Hersey gardens - especially the butterflies. The many butterfly pics are especially for Casey. The last picture is of "Sidelying Mountain" in Maryland seen shortly before we stopped for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment